Tuesday, January 10, 2012

What would be a good medical field for me?

I am a 37 yo father of 2 who has been unemployed since july of last year(the economy is worse here in mississippi)I have started back taking refresher cles at an adult ed center to help me when I take the ACT.I know I want to get into the medical field,but I don't know what I want to do.I took an EMT-B cl 3 years ago with the desire to go on to be an EMT-P but I don't know if I really want to make a career out of dealing with death first hand.I then thought about LPN but everyone tells me if Im going to do that,go another year to be an RN instead,but I don't know if I want to devote my time to the 2 year RN program.Then I thought about an x-ray tech. or a lab tech.but the only problem is that the closest school is 80 miles from here and they are a 2 year degree.We have a community college here that teaches the EMT,LPN and the RN programs so the college here would be more convenient for me.Does anyone have any suggestions on what would be a good field for me to get into other than those?

No comments:

Post a Comment