Sunday, January 8, 2012

How to convince a old schooler that tire technology has improved?

My Dad comes from the old school of cars and motorcycle world. You know where carburetors where predominate in cars, cars didn't have air bags and roll up windows and power locks were a luxury item. My dad has a identical twin brother that is the same exact way. Both were amazed when fuel injection came out in the early 80's. There both 58 respectively. The dilemma I'm facing is they are convinced that tires are tires. But as far as my knowledge goes, tire tech has improved very much over the past 10 years. Winter Tires really do work, my father refuses to accept (thus spend the cash) to use them. Personally I don't use them (I use a top of the line all-season). But point being he uses any tires he can get cheap that has tread left. Sometimes there mismatched sizes, or at least bottom of the line tires. How can I convince him that it isn't 1979 anymore and tires are not just tires.

No comments:

Post a Comment